Something about Riza’s
I am currently work as a lecturer in Dept. of Communication, Lampung University, Indonesia, I held class of Development of Communication Tech., Sociology of Mass Communication, Advertising Studies, and Group Communication. I hold a bachelor degree from Diponegoro University major in Communication and a master degree of International Master in Digital Library Learning (DILL) from the DILL consortium. An Erasmus Mundus consortium of Høgskolen i Oslo Norway, Tallinn University Estonia, and Parma University Italy. My research interest are media semiotic, computer-mediated communication, digital media especially social software and currently I’m researching about virtual group communication. My CV is below:
Akhmad Riza Faizal, S.Sos; IMDLL. (email@example.com)
Date of Birth: Tanjung Karang, 1980
Marital Status: Married
Elementary School: SDN 2 Bandar Lampung (1987 – 1993)
Middle School: SMPN 2 Bandar Lampung (1993 – 1996)
High School: SMUN 2 Bandar Lampung (1996 – 1999)
Bachelor degree: Department of Communication, Diponegoro University (1999 – 2003)
Master degree: International Master in Digital Library Learning, Oslo University College, Tallinn Univ; Parma Univ. (2007 – 2009)
Doctoral degree: Ph.D in Communication, University of Indonesia (2014 – on going)
Balikom, Semarang, Central Java , Assistant Designer (10/1999 – 07/2001)
Manunggal, college newspaper, Semarang, CJ, Editor in Chief (12/2001 – 07/2002)
Suara Merdeka Daily, Semarang, CJ, Data Analyst (07/2002 – 03/2003)
PT. Adversia Global Media, Semarang, CJ, Project Manager (04/2003 – 03/2004)
Sumatera Post Weekly, Bandar Lampung, Business Manager (04/2004 – 12/2004)
Democrat Party, Bandar Lampung, Head of Media Center (04/2004 – 12/2004)
Democrat Fraction, Lampung House of Representatives (Fraksi Demokrat, DPRD Prov. Lampung), Expert Consultant (01/2005 – 07/2006)
Bandar Lampung Bureau of Treasury (Dispenda Kota Bandar Lampung), Expert Consultant (12/2006 – 05/2007)
Department of Communication, Lampung University, Lecturer (01/2005 – until now)
Indonesia Broadcasting Commission (Komisi Penyiaran Indonesia) at Lampung, Commissioner (03/2011 – 05/2018)
- Executive Director of NGO Center for Public Studies and Empowerments/Pusat Studi dan Pemberdayaan Publik (LSM PSPP)
- Member of Alumni of Boy scout troops of Jend. Sudirman – Dewi Sartika SMPN 2 Bandar Lampung
- Member of Islamic Student Association (Himpunan Mahasiswa Islam) 1999-2003.
- Member of Diponegoro University Alumni (Ika Undip) Lampung branch
Erasmus Mundus, The European Commission (08/2007 – 08/2009)
Skills & Strength
Computer : Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Corel Draw, Adobe Pagemaker, and Greenstone software into the latest one
Marketing Research: Customer Behavior Research, Product Segmentating Research, Advertising & Promotion Research and Marketing Communication Plan.
Communication Research: Media Semiotics, Usability, and Computer-mediated Communication
Multi-task and detail oriented, able to function in a team environment, self-confident, professional and excellent interpersonal Skills, excellent both in oral and written English
Reading, Discussion, Outdoors and Indoors activities, Music, Passion for Arts, Designs and Great Movies
- Basic Training Photography, UKM Prisma Diponegoro University, 19 – 21 November 1999 in Semarang, Central Java.
- Chief in Charge on Journalism Workshop and Book Review of “Radio Journalism Comes to Campus”, May, 31st 2001 in Semarang, Central Java.
- Training of “Distance Learning of Basic Journalism”, Institute for the Studies on Press and Information, February to May 2002 in Central Java.
- Workshop “All About Advertising 2003” KM Komunikasi UGM, September 20th to 21st 2003 in Yogyakarta
- Training of”Integrated Education and Press Management Consultation”, Serikat Penerbit Surat Kabar Cab. Lampung, July 31st 2004 in Lampung
- Training of “The Methodology of Public Service”, Lampung University, July 8th to 15th 2005 in Lampung
- “Communication Technology and Political Changing of Community Participation” Lampung Ekspres Daily newspaper, August, 23rd 2004.
- “Notes for 2005 Lampung Regional Development Budget (APBD)”/“Catatan untuk APBD Lampung 2005”; Lampung Post Daily, November, 1st 2004.
- ”Public Lies; Ethics or Moral?”/“Kebohongan Publik; Etika atau Moral”, Lampung Ekspres Daily newspaper, March, 1st – 3rd 2005
- Faizal, A. R. (2009, July). Cult Film dan Analisa Semiotika Film Pada Nagabonar Jadi 2. Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi. pp. 40-61. Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Atma Jaya University.
- Faizal, A. R. (2009). Models of data collecting procedure to design a thematic digital library as a groupware application by using storyboard; a case of European Navigator (ENA). Proceeding of the First International Industrial Informatics Seminar 2009. Book 2, pp. 31-36. Yogyakarta, Indonesia: UIN Sunan Kalijaga.
- Faizal, A. R. (2009). Usage of Social Software in Indonesia State Universities; A Qualitative Case Study. Proceedings of the Seventh Worldwide Forum on Education and Culture (pp. 26-36). Rome, Italy: The Worldwide Forum on Education and Culture.
- Faizal, A. R., & Suciska, W. (2009). Social Software sebagai media komunikasi dalam proses pengajaran di perguruan tinggi negeri. Jurnal Penelitian Komunikasi,12 (1). pp. 81-98. Bandung, Indonesia. Depkominfo BP2KI.
- Faizal, A. R. (2010). Writing is Culture; How Some Indonesian Students Do a Collaborative Writing by Using Social Software. Proceedings of the 8th World Wide Forum on Education and Culture. Rome, Italy: The World Wide Forum on Education and Culture.